Lake Erie Pet Food Co. is hiring an Operations Associate to assist with order fulfillment such as packing food, shipping orders, packaging samples, and home delivery in a company van. Primary work location is in our North Olmsted warehouse.
Our ideal candidate is an awesome dog and cat lover that is ready to jump in and help with a variety of duties. This person is also interested in a long-term position with advancement opportunity at our growing local company. They should be work focused, detail oriented, and thrive on delighting customers.
Warehouse Operations - 75% of time
- Pack by-the-pound food orders and samples
- Manage and ship weekly USPS/UPS orders
- Accept incoming deliveries and stock warehouse shelves
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse area
Transportation & Delivery - 25% of time
- Deliver customer orders to their homes in one of the Lake Erie Pet vans.
- Transport items to retail store in Ohio City.
- Self-directed and able to operate independently
- Must have registered vehicle, valid driver’s license
- Come to work reliably and on time and looking neat & clean
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems
- Ability to lift 20 lbs regularly and up to 40 lbs occasionally
- Forklift experience perferred but not required
- Weekdays - primarily Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays
- Generally 8:30 - 5:00 PM, but there is some flexibility
- 15-30 hours per week, consistant weekly schedule determined in advance.
- Hourly wage starting at $14-15 hr, based on experience.
- Yearly bonus opportunity based on individual goals and business performance
- Vacation time accrual program
- Discount on dog and cat food and supplies
About Lake Erie Pet Food Co.
Lake Erie Pet Food Co. provides all-natural pet food made locally in Northeast Ohio. We believe in promoting pet health and wellness through convenient nutrition and education so our customers' pets enjoy long, healthy and happy lives. Our pet food is made in small batches and provides the nourishment your pets need with only the best ingredients.